Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Day 31 Lincoln to Fairbury, NE


So the early part of today flew by... mostly little wind or actual tailwind... I remember cruising along at 17-18 mph with very little effort, but then we hit some crazy headwind in the last 2o miles or so.  After what had been such an easy day, we were giving everything we had still moving around 10-12 mph.
Thanks to our hosts at Grace Lutheran Church.  Dinner was amazing - I keep telling myself that I'll eat a reasonable portion for dinner, but then stuff my face anyway.  It's just too hard to pass up food that good.  I don't always know exactly who prepares dinners for us, but I can' t thank them enough.  We never know when we might not have dinner (and will end up eating granola bars for dinner)... We usually just claim that we're carb loading... even when we're not biking the next day.  Somehow it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment