Saturday, June 7, 2014

Day 7 North Canton, OH


A shorter ride today, which gave time to slow down and reflect on everything that has happened so far on this amazing trip.

I think the highlight of the day was a very friendly and excited dog that followed us to our first water stop of the day.  We named him Portland appropriately enough.  Unlike most of the dogs we have biked past on this trip (who usually bark loudly at us), Portland couldn't be happier to see all of us and was loving the attention.  Incredibly enough, he followed us for a couple of miles, and I have to say it was very sad to have to speed up to leave him behind (we didn't want him getting hurt).  Seeing him try to keep up with us but inevitably fall behind was almost heartbreaking.

Many thanks to our hosts tonight, Grace United Methodist Church.  I know I keep repeating myself when I write this, but I'm still amazed by the fact that so many people are willing to open up their communities to a bunch of smelly kids who are biking across the country.  We couldn't do it without you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment