Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 5: Resting in the Steel City


Finally, our first rest day. It was good to have a day off from biking, but I'm scared that my muscles will have stiffened up a lot from just one day of resting. But can't think too much about that right now. We spent the day exploring Pittsburgh, which was much more lovely than I anticipated. For some reason, I just had the image of Pittsburgh being a dusty post-steel industry city.  But walking around, that was definitely not the case. We went to Primanti Brothers, which is known for putting french fries on their sandwiches. Time for a confession. Everyone I ate the sandwiches with LOVED them, while I thought they were good, but not all that great. Hope I'm not insulting too many people from Pittsburgh... We went to a park called The Point, which made me a bit nostalgic, because where I used to live in Chicago, my friends and I would go out to place out by Lake Michigan also called the Point.  Pittsburgh's Point isn't quite as personally meaningful to me as Chicago's Point, but it was beautiful in its own way for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment